If you want to track your weight loss progress taking a series of exercise pictures is a fantastic way to do it. These pictures can help keep you motivated and just give you bragging rights after you’ve accomplished your weight loss goals.
But in order to get the most out of your pictures it’s important to note that there are some steps you should take first so they are clear and highlight the muscle tone you have achieved.
Here is a list of some things to keep in mind before you start snapping those pictures:
1. To highlight the muscles, and their tone, remove all body hair. You can shave or wax, but if you have too much hair you won’t be able to see muscle tone in a picture.
2. Take your pictures before you eat. That way you don’t make yourself look bigger because your stomach is full.
3. Rubbing your skin with oil prior to the picture will highlight your muscles.
4. Doing a little exercise before you snap the picture will get your blood pumping into your muscles which will highlight them and make them ‘bulge’.
5. Suck it in. Stand up straight and suck in your stomach. Also make sure to tense your muscles. And don’t forget to smile…this isn’t as easy as it looks, is it,
6. Have your lighting from the top, that will add shadows to your muscles and provide contrast.
7. Stay away from using a flash. Keep the light constant.
8. Take some time to practice to get the effect you are looking for.
9. Always try to take the picture at the same time of the day and make sure you are wearing the exact same thing, preferably a bathing suit that shows a lot of your body.
There you have it, some simple tips to make your exercise pictures something you can be proud of. Good pictures can really help you in your weight loss efforts. Go for it.